Re: Searching for newline characters in a varchar

From: Ken Denny <kendenny_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1997/10/09

Bryan J. Gentile wrote:

> I want to find out how I can search through a variable of type varchar
> and replace newline characters with something else. (PL/SQL)

string := replace(string,chr(10),' ');

Assuming you are on an ASCII machine, CHR(10) is the newline character. The last parameter to the REPLACE function is what you want to replace it with. In this example I used space.

Hope this helps
Ken Denny
kendenny_at_bnr.ca (work)
kdenny_at_interpath.com (home) Received on Thu Oct 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT