Problem starting Oracle engine on Win95

From: Keith Bennett <kbennett_at_cpcug.org>
Date: 1997/10/08

A friend of mine has just installed Oracle Developer 2000 from a CD that came from the Sams book. Apparently, when we start SQLPlus, the data base has not been started. If I run "sqldba connect internal", the data base is started as a side effect and SQLPlus then works.

How is the data base supposed to be started? Is there a better way to start it up? Like a single executable that can be put in the startup folder?

Thanks for any help.