Re: Some install help Please!

From: Mario van Essen <marvaes_at_hacom.nl>
Date: 1997/10/08

Pat,

Oracle uses it's own product SQLNet for acessing databases on servers (not the local one on your PC of course) or ODBC (do not use that product ever). So uninstall all of the 16-bit shit (why need 16-bit tools on Win95 clients and WinNT servers). Install SQLNet 32 bit (2.2. for 7.2 and 2.3 for 7.3) and start up Easy connection. Configure SQLNet (TNSnames.ora) with your TCP/IP number of the server and your database SID (database name on the server) and start working...

Mario