Re: URGENT....Need help on VB to ORACLE

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/10/07

Satish S.Narasimha <somasatish_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article <343A4531.8C4_at_hotmail.com>...
> Can anybody help me how to call the stored procedure which is in
> Oracle from Visual Basic....

I haven't touched VB since version 3 about 4 - 5 years ago (I'm a Delphi convert), but the following should work after fixing all the syntax errors :-)

---
Dim szSQL String
Dim dbObject whatever

szSQL = "begin dbms_application_info.set_client_info('Visual Basic'); end;"
dbObject.ExecSQL( szSQL, SQL_PASSTHRU )
// error handling follows
--

As you can see above, all you need to do is to add wrap the stored
proc/package into a little PL/SQL block using BEGIN and END - and remember

The syntax for the the stored proc name is [owner.]stored_proc and for a
package [owner.]package.stored_proc

Of course, it works even better in Delphi... :-)

regards,
Billy