JDBC to Oracle 7, but not 8?

From: Todd Hale <toddhale_at_lgcy.com>
Date: 1997/10/07

We've got a Java Application that talks JDBC to an Oracle 7 server. Works beautifully! I just installed an Oracle 8 server on NT to see if we could also run against it, but couldn't. I can connect to the Oracle 8 server with all of the Oracle 7 utilities (SQL Plus, Navigator, etc.), but our App just returns an SQL Exception, "SQLError: (No more data to read from socket)".

Have any of you seen this? There should be a simple solution, like changing some server settings, or re-configuring the listener.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Todd Hale
thale_at_nospam.novell.com
DBA, Novell, Inc.

(my post = my personal drivel) Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT