Re: Renaming a Database

From: Sanlam <joe_at_soap.com>
Date: 1997/10/07

Hi

The following script is an example of renaming a database to TEST:

Create Controlfile

	Set Database TEST
	Logfile   Group 1 ('logfile1A','logfile1B'....) size XK,
		Group 2 ('logfile2A','logfile2B'....) size xK
	Noresetlogs
	Datafile 'datafile1' size .....	All the datafiles in the database
	Maxlogfiles x
	Maxlogmembers x
	Maxdatafiles x
	Maxinstances x
	Archivelog;

BE SURE TO GET A LIST OF ALL THE DATAFILES AND LOGFILES. IT IS SAFER TO TAKE A FULL BACKUP BEFORE RENAMING YOUR DATABASE. BEWARE THAT IF YOU OMIT ANY DATAFILE OR LOGFILE YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS AND YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER. I hope this is helpful enough.

Cheers
akader_at_health.sanlam.co.za

Neil Boemio <nboemio_at_bway.net> wrote in article <34399325.ABA6D0D6_at_bway.net>...