Re: When will Oracle have ODBC driver with level 2 compliance?

From: Jeff Ebert <jebert_at_wctc.net>
Date: 1997/10/07

Michael Jenc <jenc_at_cas_software.de> wrote:

>Hi all,

>does anyone out there know about the plans of Oracle to
>release an ODBC driver that supports level 2 compliance?

>I know that InterSolv does, but when does Oracle?

>--
> Michael Jenc
> CAS Software GmbH
> Karlsruhe, Germany

>Replace the '_' with '-' in E-mail address to contact me

Funny, they already have! We used it for three to four weeks, but then identified a memory leak to the ODBC driver. After calling support, working through the problem, getting new drivers, screwing around for another two weeks, only to find out the new fixed version still had a memory leak...bought the INTERSOLV drivers and have been running smooth ever since.

Their driver is so bad Oracle does not even distribute their driver with their own products - they turn to INTERSOLV.

Jeff Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT