Re: Personal oracle starting when I don't want it to!!

From: Greg Kainz <gkainz_at_orapro.com>
Date: 1997/10/07

Is it possible that you have an invalid connect string somewhere in an access call? PO7 has this neat "feature" that causes is to start up in an attempt to resolve an invalid tnsnames entry, e.g. issuing sqlplus scott/tiger_at_devel when devel is not defined and I really meant sqlplus scott/tiger_at_dev

Billy Verreynne wrote:

> Tim Nickason <tnickasn_at_rogers.wave.ca> wrote in article
> <01bcd0a8$fc6cc080$03727018_at_timmy.ns.bc.rogers.wave.ca>...
> > I have personal oracle 7.3.3 installed on my PC and I also have
> > sql*net/ODBC connectiosn to another oracle
> > database sitting on a unix server. My problem is, when ever I run
 MS