Re: ORA-12641

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/10/07

Dmitriy (shapiro_at_kodak.com) wrote:
: When my Peer Web Server executes Active Server Page that opens connection
: to an remote Oracle Database, I get message:

: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-12641: TNS:authentication
: service failed to initialize

: What is wrong ? I gave up to find a manual that explains this error.
: I can connect to this Database with ADO - ODBC - SQL*Net - ...., from any
: other application written on Visual Basic, Visual C++, etc.

: I have Window NT 4.0 Workstation.

: Thank you.

12641, 00000, "TNS:authentication service failed to initialize" // *Cause: The authentication service failed during initialization. // *Action: Enable tracing to determine the exact error.

Not much help, but a start. Helen Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT