Re: faking inheritance in Oracle 8.0

From: Phil Bradley <pbradley_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/10/06

Edward

This is both a simple and difficult problem. Simple in that the solutions are well understood. Difficult in that no one can agree on what is the right one.

FYI SQL92 does not address this issue. Interestingly, I am told SQL3 does not address it either.

There are 3 (or 4) well defined solutions. None of which is perfect.

Recounting the solutions would take a lot of time and others have done it much better than I could. If you need to know, send me an email and I have got some HTMLs that cover this ground.

Phil Bradley