Re: Renaming a Database

From: Kluged <kluged_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/10/06

backup control file to trace, edit the trace file as appropriate, shutdown the database, the startup the database using the backup control file. you could also export and import the whole thing. then again, you have to ask yourself why are you renaming in the first place.

as far as index usage, it depends - run an explain plan and find out for sure.

enjoy.