Re: Help! Installing Personal Oracle 7 & Developer/2000

From: Chris + Terri Skuce <tskuce_at_inasec.ca>
Date: 1997/10/04

I had the same problem with the same CD. After e-mailing and phoning everywhere for help with this problem, I received a response from an Oracle Tech. Her solution worked for me. Here it is:

You need to install additional required support files that are located on the CD.
1. Run YourCDDriveLetter:\PO7WIN95\WINDOWS\setup.exe 2. The Oracle installer will appear and list the required support files on your computer

    Make sure ALL of the checkboxes (to select the required support files) are

    checked.
3. Install all of the required support files and the program should work.

David Gilks <myjxfr_at_echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au> wrote in article <342F0910.8B8693A8_at_echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au>...
: I tried this and it still didn't work.
: The SQL*Plus that works is version 3.2 which is part of the Personal
 Oracle
: package. There is also SQL*Plus 3.1 which is part of the Developer/2000
: package, and this does not work (I get the ORA-03121 error message).
: Should each package be in a separate directory? The default installation
: directory for each is different but there can only be one Oracle home. I
 think
: that Personal Oracle is 32-bit and Developer/2000 is 16-bit (from Oracle
: Unleashed 1996 edition), could this be a problem if they are installed in
 the
: same directory?
: I have tried to configure SQL*net but that didn't help, and also putting
: LOCAL=2: (on the advice of someone else) in the Oracle.ini file which
 didn't
: work either.
:
: Any suggestions?
:
: Billy Verreynne wrote:
:
: > 03121, 00000, "no interface driver connected - function not performed"
: >
: > As SQL*Plus is working, it means that SQL*Net has been correctly
 installed.
: > I think the problem is with the PATH.
: >
: > Check if your AUTOEXEC.BAT file includes C:\ORAWIN95\BIN in the PATH,
 e.g.
: > PATH=%PATH%;C:\ORAWIN95\BIN
: >
: > Windows need to be able to load the required DLLs for an application.
 By
: > default Windows will look in the C:\WINDOWS and then the
 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
: > directory. If it can't find the DLLs there, it tries the directories
: > specified by the PATH variable.
: >
: > Most Oracle-based software do not know where the Oracle DLLs are
 located.
: > Thus, when Windows try and find the DLLs it can't - this results in the
: > application giving the above ora error.
: >
: > Hope this solves your problem. :-)
: >
: > regards,