HELP-how to save into LONG RAW from VB

From: Reuben Cleetus <reuben_at_cerc.wvu.edu>
Date: 1997/10/03

Hello,

     I am in desperate need for help in solving a problem I'm having in using Visual Basic to communicate values to a table in an Oracle 7.3 database.

    I am using Visual Basic 5.0 (Professional Edition), and Personal Oracle 7.3

    I have no problem in communicating these values if the column data type in the table is Varchar2, Number, Date, etc. It is the Long Raw data type that gives me problems.

     As part of my work, I need to store a Java Class file in a LONG RAW type column, and later retrieve it to a local file and run it. This is where the problem arises: I don't know how to transfer this java Class file into a LONG RAW column.

     Is there a special way to do this in VB 5.0? Does Visual Basic have any built-in procedures to transfer a Binary file into a Long Raw data type?

     Can anyone please help me in solving this problem? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get, and kindly request that you reply promptly.

Thanks a lot!!

Sincerely,
Reuben Cleetus
reuben_at_cerc.wvu.edu Received on Fri Oct 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT