Re: sqlnet over Internet

From: S S Wan <sswan_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/10/02

I once asked Oracle support this question and they replied that it's impossible across Firewall. They reason is that the listener though listens a well known port (1521?), the server process so forked listens on some random port number. It is hard to restrict  traffic by random port number and allowing only 1521 simply doesn't work!

If anyone has implemented such solution across firewall, please kindly share your experience with us.

Nandan Kalle wrote in article <01bccddc$bd756d60$67121a26_at_budinacan>...