Java Applets & PL/SQL Stored Procedure

From: <sushil.patil_at_sdgc.com>
Date: 1997/10/01

Hello,

I am using Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 (advanced edition).

can any body tell me about following things?

  1. Can an applet sitting on server executes PL/SQL stored procedure which is stored into the oracle database? This is because I read in the documentation that JVM which comes with Oracle Web Application server supports only Java application and not applets.
  2. Is there anyother way to make the applet talk to oracle database without using JDBC driver?

If anybody has any clues please let me know at sushil.patil_at_sdgc.com

Thanks in Advance

Sushil Patil