Re: Adding Database or ... Challenge !

From: Lando <MarkL_at_quebim.com>
Date: 1997/09/30

  1. set up file structure for where you want the db data,redo,control files to reside.
  2. create a new initSID.ora for the new database, set DB_NAME to new dbname
  3. Create your create database script: For example (I am using test for the db name):

create database test

        controlfile reuse
            MAXLOGFILES 16
            MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
            MAXDATAFILES 128
            MAXINSTANCES 1
            MAXLOGHISTORY 100
        datafile '/u2/app/oradata/test/tbs/system01.dbf' size 400M reuse

        logfile
          group 1 ( '/u2/app/oradata/test/redo/redo01a.dbf',
                        '/u2/app/oradata/test/redo/redo01b.dbf' ) size
2M reuse,
          group 2 ( '/u2/app/oradata/test/redo/redo02a.dbf',
                         '/u2/app/oradata/test/redo/redo02b.dbf' ) size
2M reuse;
@?/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql
@?/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql

4) Set oracle sid to you new db, export ORACLE_SID=test 5) log into svrmgrl, connect internal and issue

         startup nomount
pfile=/u2/app/oracle_base/admin/test/pfile/inittest.ora

    (replace the path and initSID name with your path to the new initSID file name).
6) in svrmgl connect as internal and database started but not mounted:

         @creatdb.sql -- this is you create db script 7) alter database open;
8) create temporary tablespace and user tablespaces, rollback segments etc.
9) add a new database entry to oratab (/var/opt/oracle) if you are autostarting.
10) Do all of the other stuff like listener entries, links, tuning, etc.

I have'nt seen it, but I think someone put a web page with all of these steps outlined (hopefully in more detail), do a search in deja vu news or whatever it is called.