Re: Please Help with an *Advanced* question. Thanks.

From: Sanlam <joe_at_soap.com>
Date: 1997/09/30

Hi

You do not have to install another copy of Oracle. If you follow the following steps you should do OK:

Create a new init.ora file for the new instance. Run ?:\orant\bin\ORADIM7x
Select NEW to create a new service. This will create your instance as well as your database.
You should specify the SID as well as the DBA Passwords and the init.ora file to use.
You must choose advanced on this window to create a database with a unique name as well as cretae your log, temp, system files etc. Once this step is sucessfull go to your DOS prompt:  set ORACLE_SID=SID
svrmgr23
connect internal;
startup
Your Database will now be ready for use.

You must now edit your listener.ora file etc to be able to access it with SQLNet.

I hope this is useful

Cheers

akader_at_health.sanlam.co.za

NNOOR <Nnoor_at_cris.com> wrote in article
<60pk0l$r2p_at_examiner.concentric.net>...