Re: Sequence numbers jumping

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/30

You are probably specifying CACHE = 20
 in your sequence creation DDL.
If you are using designer/2000 the default cache = 20, so when you get 1 sequence you reserve the next 19. If you don't use them they're gone.

Recreate the sequence ith NO cache value i.e., omit CACHE completely (CACHE 1 is not valid)

Again. if you are using Des/2k you will have to edit the ddl - it will not allow null or 1 and reverts to 20.

Regards
John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.