Re: Looking for good book about PL/SQL and SQL

From: Martin Jesterhoudt <martinj_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 1997/09/28

On 27 Sep 1997 14:12:51 GMT, eroos_at_vub.ac.be (ULB/UCL research group on object-oriented systems) wrote:

>I would like to know whether you know a (very) good
>text-book regarding the means of the optimisation
>of SQL and PL SQL languages (for ex. y'all know that
>the position of a table -according to its size- in
>a FROM clause has an effect on the response time).

I'm in possesion of two of those kind of books. The first is from O'Relilly & Associates, Inc, named "Oracle Performance Tuning", ISBN 1-56592-048-1 (written in English). The second is from Oracle Press, named "Advanced Oracle Tuning and Administration", ISBN 0-07-882241-6 (also in English).

I prefer the latter, because it's more complete, has more background information and is from Oracle Press itself, so I expect that they REALLY know where they're talking about.

Good luck!