Re: Temporary tables in Oracle

From: Randy DeWoolfson <randyd_at_cais.com>
Date: 1997/09/28

> snip
>
> But then he could create temporary tables the same way he did in
> Informix and then explicitly delete them when he was through with
> them. I agree it isn't as neat a solution as Informix has, but
> adding "DROP TABLE temp;" at the appropriate time and place doesn't
> strike me as being too much of a hardship :-)
>
> Jerry

plus...

if you dont commit in between, the create of the temp object and the drop, then no other user can see it, and it in effect is your own personal version of the table.

randy

randyd_at_cais.com         brandall_at_erols.com       randy_at_euclidsys.com
                     remove .nospam to reply

Pursuant to US Code Title 47, Section 227, unsolicited commercial
E-mail sent to these addresses is subject to a $500 archival fee per
copy. E-mail recieved after any reciept of this notice implies
acceptance of these terms. A copy of USC Title 47, Section 227
may be found online at http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html