Re: # of rows processed

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/09/28

--------------D77AAE50C4A5A9DB6B10331A

M. Thomas Groszko wrote:

> From within PL/SQL is there a way to identify the number of rows processed
> by the last statement as I can do with the sqlca.errcd[2] using embedded
> SQL in my C++ program?

Try using sql%rowcount when using dml statements in PL/SQL, I use it to make sure my delete/update statements performed the action on the # of rows i expected.

HTH, joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator
Are you looking for Oracle DBA in Central Ohio, but only want one for some

--------------D77AAE50C4A5A9DB6B10331A

begin:          vcard
fn:             Joseph S. Testa
n:              Testa;Joseph S.
org:            Origin Technology in Business
adr:            ;;;;OH;;USA
email;internet: jtesta_at_scioto.net
title:          Oracle DBA
note:           Oracle DBA in central Ohio and doing geneaology research on Testa family, I have 2 ICQ uins, home: 2814105, work 2832230, you can also find me on netscape conference.
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard