Newbie question

From: Nick Carter <ap874_at_torfree.net>
Date: 1997/09/27

Hello Gurus,

I am a newbie at Oracle and have just installed Workgroup Server 7.x on Windows NT 3.51 server. Installstation seems to have gone smoothly. But I am not sure what to do now. I need to create a test database, but don't know how. I know that the softwares comes with a scripts for creating a demo database, but I don't know how to invoke it, ie where to do it from? I checked in ORANT/bin and see a few programs that might be useful, like 'sqldba71.exe' but when I ran it I got a screenful that I can't understand. I also notice there is a program called 'oracle71.exe', which I ran, but I got my prompt back without much happening.

Could someone be kind enough to show me what I need to do just to get started? Even just showing me how to create a simple demo database is a lot of help.

Thanks very much Received on Sat Sep 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT