Enterprise Manager + Intelligent Agent

From: Stefan Nilsson <stefan.nilsson_at_exallon.se>
Date: 1997/09/26

I use Oracle Enterprise Manager 1.3.5.0.0. to create a job that is supposed to run an SQL-script on a database. The job is created fine and submitted to execute immediately, but nothing happens. The job just stays in the job queue with status="Submitted".

I located the problem (I think): The Oracle Intelligent Agent won't start ! When I try to start the Oracle Agent process with Windows NT (4.0) Control Panel - Services, then I get an error saying:

"Could not start the Oracle Agent Service on \\<host>. Error 0020: The system cannot find the device specified."

What does this mean ? What device ?

Is the error generated from Windows NT or from the Enterprise Manager and Oracle Agent settings ?

Any suggestions ?

//
Stefan Nilsson
email: nil_at_exallon.se Received on Fri Sep 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT