Re: Forms 4.5 & HTML

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

a-dennis_at_usa.net wrote

> Hi,
>
> We are currently running Oracle 7 with forms 4.5. I would like to be
> able to create replicas of the forms using HTML / Java and inputting
> data to the real forms and somehow receiving data from those forms.
>
> Is it possible to interface html with forms in this way or is it
> necessary to create a whole new front end using JDBC etc.?
>
> I hope this makes sense,
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> A Dennis.

Are you aware of Developer/2000 Web Application Server? It is included with release 1.4W and abov e. It automatically renders a Java replica of a Form while the body of the Form runs on the backend application server. The beauty of the approach is that you do not have to reimplement your fontend in Java. The same Form source can run on Unix in character mode, run on Windows in client/server mode, and on the Web as a Java applet.

If you have already considered this and want to do it a different way, fine. But you should investigate this solution first...

Al

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Fri Sep 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT