Re: 70 users and Oracle 8 Workgroups

From: Carlos Orozco <carlosorozco_at_technologist.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

Scott Gentley wrote:

> My site is currently trying to determine if the following
> configuration
> could support 70 users and Oracle 8 Workgroups.
>
> DEC 4000
> (2) 5/466 processors
> 512MB memory
> 12GB in RAID disk
> O/S - DEC Unix
>
> The applications would be developed using Developer/2000 forms. The
> largest application would have the following table sizes:
>
> Table 1 50,000 rows
> Table 2 500,000 rows (child of table 1)
> Table 3 2 to 3 Million rows (child of table 2)
> Table 4 500,000 rows
> Table 5 750,000 rows
>
> 1-5 users would be querying the above tables many times throught the
> day
> and the remaining users would be doing sporadic data entry.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Scott G

Hi, I'm running my client on an AXP 4000 w/512 & raid , unix 3.2g, we're supporting about 150 sessions. We running in a near 7x24 environment and have excellent performance. Our Db has not reached the row counts you're describing, I suggest spreading I/O by spliting up your large tables, partitioning if possible. Received on Fri Sep 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT