Re: varchar2 case insensitive

From: Ken Denny <kendenny_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1997/09/25

Najam,

Oracle's varchar2 columns are always case sensitive. The best way to get around this is to have another column which contains the same data as the column in question except always forced to upper case, then create the index on that column. You can use a trigger to insure that the new column's value is always the uppercase of the original column.

Hope this helps
Ken Denny
kendenny_at_bnr.ca (work)
kdenny_at_interpath.com (home)