Re: Dev Tool for SPARC with Oracle 8

From: <rg_at_plexstar.com>
Date: 1997/09/24

In article <34292ffe.8621582_at_news.earthlink.net>,   pilgrim_at_earthlink.net (Randy B.) wrote:

> My group will be developing GUI's to do scientific calculations on
> ARC/Info GIS data on Oracle 8 databases. Can anyone tell me which
> tools might be best for this project? Thanks!
> Randy Baca

I think you will be very interested in ClearSpace(tm)

ClearSpace is a 100% Pure Java Component Set that helps you build industrial strength Java mapping, CAD and intelligent graphics applications, including modeling, facilities management, etc.

(Plexstar supports many electrical, telephone and gas utilities around the world. Our clients have tens of thousands of maps, with thousands of objects on each map, in very large service areas. ClearSpace is designed for large, robust mapping applications. Clients do complex network analysis, work management, etc.)

You can design applications using ClearSpace and glue code, and more quickly and easily get what you want done. ClearSpace lets you worry about the overall design and architecture of your application, and not worry about lower level stuff.

Some features include:

Applications include:

  for info see www.plexstar.com or email me rg_at_plexstar.com

I can email you a technical white paper in Adobe Acrobat format, and if you are interested I can email you a 30 day eval copy.

Thank you.

--Richard Geller