Trouble: authenticating through unix os

From: Kim Wykoff <c-wykoff_at_mail.dec.com>
Date: 1997/09/23

Hi,

This is my environment:

Digital Unix V4.0
Oracle 7.2.2

I'm trying to authenticate through the operating system which the documentation says I can do. I created a user like this:

create user blah identified externally
grant dba to blah;

and I have a user blah on my unix box.

I have this line in my init file:

os_authent_prefix = ""

and I have verified it through the 'show parameters' command in svrmgrl.

When I try to login to oracle through svrmgrl or sqlplus, I get a password prompt. I shouldn't be getting this prompt and of course I can't enter a password.

Can anyone help? Is there another step I have overlooked? Is this a bug with Alpha stations?

Thank you,

kim Received on Tue Sep 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT