Re: SQL Files

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/09/23

This reply is directed at the original poster, Zack Agatstein (I could not retrieve his original posting):

How do you run your SQL scripts: start (or @)<file_name>.txt or just <file_name> ? If the latter is the case, I suspect that your files have the .txt extension (being created with Notepad) and SQL*Plus is looking for files named <file_name>.sql, i.e. files with the .sql extension.

Another possibility: you are not providing the full path name for your scripts, and the directory where they are located is not listed in the SQLPATH variable.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu