File I/O from Oracle 7.3 PL SQL

From: Richard Allard <rallard_at_commserv.ucsb.edu>
Date: 1997/09/23

I am relatively new to PL SQL, so please forgive a very basic question.

I am trying to write a file from an Oracle 7.3 PL SQL script on the server. I see in the documentation that the "UTL_FILE" package looks like it will do this, but the documentation does not give any examples. The documentation shows the function definition, but not the call (or maybe the definition and the call are one in the same?).

Can someone post a simple code snigglet with a simple select and the file I/O statements?

TIA
--

Richard Allard, Programmer/Analyst
Communications Services