Re: Enterprise Backup Utility

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/09/22

Ben Poels wrote:

> Is the Enterprise Backup Utility part of the Oracle Server 7 package
> or is it an add-on that must be purchased separately?
> The white paper says that it comes with the server software however
> it is not on my Server 7 install disk and I have no documentation for
> it.

Enterprise backup came as part of my default 7.3.3 installation. To check if you do actually have it or not it look for a directory $ORACLE_HOME/obackup which is where the enterprise backup executables reside.
I also found it fully documented on the accompanying documentation CD. I did an installation and found the it performed all the basic recovery tasks very well, it is a little inflexible however, if you are an 'expert user' who wishes to do something unusual with regards to backups e.g automated point in time recovery

Cheers,

Ian Cary Received on Mon Sep 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT