Re: How Does One Become a DBA?

From: Satar Naghshineh <satarnag_at_worldsite.com>
Date: 1997/09/22

22-SEPT-1997 AL,
I had no programming background, and very little experience with working with databases (about one year). I enrolled myself in the Oracle's Masters Program (taught and held by Oracle), and after a month of completeing the required classes, I aquired a position as an Oracle DBA. W/o having any experience in Unix/databases/Sun/ect I make 30k a year. An entry level Oracle should be makeing 45k, but I lack the experience. Next year I'll be looking to make 65k a year.

Satar Naghshineh
SatarNag_at_worldsite.com