Re: Biggest competitor for the database is the customer himself!!

From: Richard Scranton <scrantr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/21

For awhile, some some confused soul using the email name of "Al Dev" was posting similar messages. I think he was trying to generate some business for a venture similar to Cygnus, supporting Postgres for the unwashed masses unable to compile it and read the Man pages by themselves. I wish them luck. I just wish they would find some other way to publicize it. :)

Terry Carmen wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 00:05:39 GMT, ttoews_at_telusplanet.net (Tony Toews)
> wrote:
>
> >Deepa Vasudevan <deepav_at_pol.net> wrote:
> >
> >>The result is PostgreSQL database. Millions of database customers
> >>are developing this database. PostgreSQL may reach one billion
> >>(1000 million) installations by year 2001 world-wide!!
> >
> >Ummm, I doubt there are that many computers in the entire world. I'm
> >including calculaters and watches in that category.
>
> Considering that it's free, I have no idea why this guy is pushing it
> so hard.
>
> Terry

> Terry Carmen
> Meadowbrook Software
> tpcarmen_at_servtech.DeleteThisToSendMail.com
>
> NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
> BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

Richard Scranton - LDA Systems - Information Management Consulting
scrantr_at_ix.netcom.com  Columbus Cincinnati Cleveland Toledo Atlanta