Re: *PLEASE* Help with an UPDATE query...Thanks

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/09/20

UPDATE A

   SET A.someField = B.someField;
 WHERE A.ID = B.ID
   AND A.ID in ('<a list of values>');

NNOOR (Nnoor_at_cris.com) wrote:

: Hi,
: I have two tables--call them A and B.
: I want to update certain fields in A from values in table B based
: on a selection criteria.

: The "select" portion would be like:
: SELECT * from A
: WHERE A.ID = B.ID AND A.ID in ('<a list of values>');

: And then based on above select, I want to update table A:
: UPDATE A
: SET A.someField = B.someField;

: I can't seem to figure out how to combine the two in one query (or
: nested sub-queries). Is it possible at all? If not, what would be the
: best way, in your opinion, to do this?

: Thanks very much for your help!!!

: Regards,
: Nasir (NNoor_at_cris.com)

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you