Re: Difference between ROWNUM & ROWID

From: Anon <pjbump_at_i1.net>
Date: 1997/09/20

Rownum is the reply set row identifier, strictly numeric Rowid is the Oracle internal representation of the exact location of the row (Block#.Row#.File#).

Concatenating indexes is when an index is built upon more than one field/column in the target table. Usually called a concatenated index.

--
Phillip Bump
Senior Principal Consultant

SKMGMT <skmgmt_at_aol.com> wrote in article
<19970917020100.WAA25417_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...