values in init.ora

From: Pete Desnoyers <peted_at_infi.net>
Date: 1997/09/19

First, I would like to thank those of you who have responded to my questions.

This next question I have seems to be somewhat important but overlooked.

Where can I determine whether or not a parameter file entry is fixed once I have created the instance? For example, if I set db_block_size to 2048, I cannot change this value. I have looked in the server reference which is very helpful for the values, but if a parameter file entry is static, I have no way knowing.

--

http://jerry.engrs.infi.net