SQL*Net 2.0 and Visual C++ Question

From: <gritt90_at_entergy.com>
Date: 1997/09/19

Greetings!

The company that I am working for is about to begin work on a an application that will hit an Oracle 7.x database. Our desktops use SQL*Net 2.0, and we are considering using Visual C++ to write the application. Is it possible to connect to Oracle through SQL*Net 2.0 without going through ODBC in the C/C++ app? What libraries, etc. are needed to accomplish this?

If any of you have any experiences that you could share that relate to this, or know of any resources that I should look at, please let me know!

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

-Greg Ritter-

      http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet Received on Fri Sep 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT