Re: Two SQL questions.

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/09/19

--

Hi,

the table v$version contains information about SQL*Net.

select banner from v$version where banner like 'TNS%';

It is a free format text field so it might change format between versions.

Regarding your second question outer join against t2 and t3 from t1 should do
as others already have posted.

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with Oracle products, mainly the database.
We are a small company which offers consulting services in design,
implementation and tuning of databases and applications based on Oracle.

My postings represent my opinions and they may be wrong.