Re: ora-12571 with Oracle 7.3.2.3.7 on Windows NT 4.0

From: <vectorsys_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/09/18

Dana Stockler wrote:

> We have been suffering with a similar problem for the last 6 months.
>
> Intermittently, sessions die and a trace file containing ORA-12571
> or ORA-12612 messages is produced. This is making life extremely
> difficult for us and we have been suffering for a long time now.
>
> Oracle support tells us it is caused by a SQL*Net bug that they
> have not been able to fix yet.
>
> We are currently running OS Windows NT 4.0 / SP3 and RDBMS
> Oracle 7.3.3.2.0, both recently upgraded at the suggestion of
> Oracle support.
>
> PLEASE! Does anyone know how we can fix this?
>
> Regards,
> Dana Stockler
> (Parallel E-mail replies appreciated)

Hi Dana,

We have been experiencing the same problems after recently installing Oracle workgroup server for NT 7.3.2.3.1. Users intermittently are dropped from the database while in runform with ORA-12571 : TNS packet write failure, ORA-03114 : Not connected to Oracle (after FRM-40512 : Oracle error: unable to issue savepoint command).

Also while in runform we're sometimes getting - ORA-00604 - error occurred at recursive SQL level 1, ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded. I don't know if this error is somehow related.

It is a very intermittent problem but is causing us a lot of grief. If you find out anything, please let us know.

-Tom Kramer Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT