Re: ora-12571 with Oracle 7.3.2.3.7 on Windows NT 4.0

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1997/09/18

In comp.databases.oracle.server you write:

>Intermittently, sessions die and a trace file containing ORA-12571
>or ORA-12612 messages is produced. This is making life extremely
>difficult for us and we have been suffering for a long time now.

>Oracle support tells us it is caused by a SQL*Net bug that they
>have not been able to fix yet.

When I encountered these types of errors, it was caused from a corrupt system object (data dictionary table). I had to recreate the database and import all data before it was resolved.

Try analyzing some of the data dictionary tables with validate structure, and see what you get. (ts$, tab$, etc). I don't recall where I saw this, but I do remember full export didn't give me anything (because it was a SYS object).

We also followed the Oracle upgrade solutions. When we did go to 7.3.3.0.4, and recreated the db, all was well. Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT