Re: Not Enough Privileges

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

In comp.databases.oracle.misc you write:

>I tried to use Orapwd, but no use. So the database stands "open"
>forever, or at least until I reboot the machine, and then my database
>is unusable. Am I blind ?

I'm assuming this is an NT install. Perform all of these on the server itself, rather than from a client machine.

First, try setting the ORACLE_PASSWORD key to BYPASS in the registry and connecting internal. Some versions honor this flag, some don't.

If not, try creating the ORA_DBA group and putting your ID in it. Set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to NONE in init.ora, bounce the db, and you should be able to connect internal with your ID.

If no go, make sure everything is configured correctly:

pwdSID.ora file is in $ORACLE_HOME/database, or directory pointed to by ORA_PWFILE parameter.

REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is equal to shared or exclusive.

internal password is set correclty in password (rerun orapwd and reset the password). Received on Wed Sep 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT