Not Enough Privileges

From: Radu Caulea <caulea_at_inforoute.cgs.fr>
Date: 1997/09/17

Hello All and thank you for your previous answer.

Another exercise ;-)

I have a full export from an Oracle V7.0 on Dec Alpha system. I need to rebuild the database on a Oracle 7.3.2.3 on NT on another Dec Alpha system thousands of miles away. .
In order to do this, my steps were the following:

	Create the Database with oradim73 (had to provide a password)
	Create the tablespaces as big as the tablespaces on the Alpha
	(different physical names)
	Import one user completely from the full export (I need only his
tables)

The import was OK (24 Hours / 14 Gig Database), but no connect internal possible, because mismatch of some password. Initially, the Alpha Database had no password at all.

I tried to use Orapwd, but no use. So the database stands "open" forever, or at least until I reboot the machine, and then my database is unusable. Am I blind ?

Regards and thank you,

Radu Caulea Received on Wed Sep 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT