Re: truncate table command

From: JM Peale <jackiep_at_rkeng.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

I believe you must also grant DROP ANY TABLE as well. I had this problem and I added the DROP grant. You also have to specify the owner of the table when doing the actual truncate, i.e., if you are calling a.SQL script, you have to call it with a parameter. Thus, inside of the .SQL script you will have

   TRUNCATE TABLE &1.NAMEOFTABLE I have table owners like "NAME_DB". If you also have an underscore in your owner name, you would do the following:

   TRUNCAT TABLE &1._DB.NAMEOFTABLE. Hope this helps.

Jackie Peale

Philippe Mendes <EURO.FINANCE_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in article <341FE624.E63FD5BE_at_wanadoo.fr>...