Re: Very Simple SQL question ... hepl ? ...

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

do a self-join on the table:
select a.last_name, a.pid
from names a, names b
where a.last_name = b.last_name and a.rowid != b.rowid;

This is saying find me all entries where the last names are the same but the rows are different. Do an explain plan to make sure you're hitting the right index and the query is optimized.

Hank Griffioen <hank_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote in article <34201C6E.CF4C987B_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov>...