Re: relinking database by hand for Solaris 2.6

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/09/17

: I recently upgraded my OS to Solaris 2.6, now I need to relink all of the
: executables for my Oracle 7.3 Workgroup server. My installer is refusing
: to work, so does anyone know offhand how to relink without using the
: installer?

Is this to say that Sol2.5 binaries are not runnable under 2.6 ?

I have read some posts on comp.unix.solaris that there a few things have been tightened in the linking phases and there are now a few problems with apps that were compiled with gcc - something about gcc not being strict enough with symbols or something (I foget the exact details).

Anyways to answer your question. Oracle installs all of the makefiles that should be required - 'find $ORACLE_HOME -name '*.mk' -print' will give you a list of them.

Check out the logfiles in $ORACLE_HOME/orainst and pay particular attention to the make.log as this should give you the commands used.

You should now be set to relink manually. Make sure that you back everything up before relinking and it's probably an idea to shutdown the database when doing this. Also remember to test the new executables !

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My my correct email address can be be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with