Re: can't delete row !

From: Kevin O'Connor <kkoconn_at_magma.ca>
Date: 1997/09/17

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:08:16 +0200, Jordi Bellver <jbellver_at_ipgrup.com> wrote:

The table in question has a "Trigger" that does some verification and then either allows , or refuses to allow , you to delete the row.

   The most common trigger is to make sure you don't delete a parent record while child records exist. (delete the child records first).

   Triggers are custom built on a database by database situation , so without a list of the coding of the trigger , you're not going to get much more advice than that.

> Buenas !
>
> When I tried to delete one entry from Table 'paises' i get the
>error:

>PL/SQL> delete from paises where id_pais='TODOS';
>ERROR 0 at line 1, column 0
> Unhandled exception ORA-02292: restricción de integridad
>(WOUSR.SYS_C001148)
> violada - registro hijo encontrado
>
>[integrity restriction violated . son register found]

I think thats "child register" found , not "son register" Received on Wed Sep 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT