Missing libnsl.a file during Oracle installation

From: Alfred von Campe <alfred_at_hw.stratus.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

I am trying to install some Oracle software on a SunOS 4.1.4 system, and it keeps failing because it wants to relink some executables with libnsl.a. This library is also needed when linking an OCI program. But this library doesn't exist on my SunOS system, any other SunOS system at our site, or even the SunOS distribution CD-ROM. It does exist on Solaris, but that doesn't help me.

Where can I obtain a copy of libnsl.a for SunOS? And why does Oracle require this library? This question is crossposted to both comp.databases.oracle.misc and comp.sys.sun.admin.

Alfred

| Phone: H: 508.448.6214, W: 508.490.6306, fax: 508.460.2888 \
| Mail: Alfred von Campe, 402 Lowell Road, Groton, MA 01450 \
| Email: alfred_at_hw.stratus.com \
| Why is common sense so uncommon? | I'd rather be flying N4381Q |