Re: backup kills webserver?

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_tswi.spambuster.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:52:46 +0200, Anders Hattestad <hattis_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

>> edwards@@garland.dnr.state.sc.us wrote:
>> >
>> > It seems that every time we take down oracle to do backups,
>> > the webserver dies. Cant the webserver run without the database up?
>
>I have the same problem! If someone tries to se a webpag when the
>database is down, the webserver says it have a internel error.
>When the database come up again the internal error is still there.
>
>Have you found a solution?

We had this problem (a web-server app that needed to be accessed from the UK, US and Australia, so it needs to be up for 24hours/day).

We've now performing "hot backups" on that particular instance rather than our more normal procedure of simply shutting the database down and backing up the database files.

Tim Hall, TSW International, Now Indus International

http://www.tswi.com
http://www.indusgroup.com

Remove "spambuster" from email address before replying Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT