Re: SQL*Net 2 and Personal Oracle

From: Nick Ashley <Nick.Ashley_at_spam-offait.co.uk>
Date: 1997/09/16

Not strictly true. Personal Oracle will support ONE SQL*Net connection (although from my conversations with various people at Oracle support not everyone there seems to know this). I've managed to get 32-bit SQL*Net into PO7 working quite happily on Win95. 16-bit is another matter...

As for a sample tnsnames entry check out your %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\sample directory - there you should find not only a sample tnsnames but also listener.ora.

Hope this helps.

--
Nick Ashley - ait

Nick.Ashley_at_spam-offait.co.uk

To reply via e-mail remove spam-off from the above address.

Tim Witort <trwNOSPAM_at_NOSPAMmedicalert.org> wrote in article
<341DBDE1.5639_at_NOSPAMmedicalert.org>...