Re: PL/SQL and Cursors

From: Chinna <jchinna_at_enron.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

Yes it is possible.

Here is an example.
There are two servers SA and SB.
Data has to be moved from SA to SB.
After data has been moved, we need to make sure the tables and rowcounts are same in both databases.

We can create a table count_check to store table names and rowcounts from these databases.

Assume count_check table is already created. /*******/
declare..

cursor tab1 is select table_name,num_rows from user_tables; cursor tab2 is select table_name,num_rows from user_tables_at_db_link; tab1_rec tab1%ROWTYPE;
tab2_rec tab2%ROWTYPE;

begin
for tab1_rec in tab1
loop

   for tab2_rec in tab2
   loop

      insert into count_table
        values(tab1_rec.table_name,tab1_rec.num_rows,tab2_rec.table_name,
	tab2_rec.num_rows);

   end loop;
end loop;
end;

Let me know if this helped.
Chinna

Bryan J. Gentile <bgentile_at_bdsinc.com> wrote in article <340DD969.C2B457F8_at_bdsinc.com>...